-   -   preventing access to hidden worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414131-preventing-access-hidden-worksheets.html)

glenn

preventing access to hidden worksheets

I have hidden worksheets on my program. How can I prevent someone from
unhiding a worksheet? I know how to protect the worksheet from changes but
there are certain worksheets I want to keep from others eyes.
Thanks
Glenn

Dave Peterson

preventing access to hidden worksheets

You can protect the workbook's structure.

This'll stop the user from inserting/deleting/renaming/moving sheets.

In xl2003, you can find it under:
Tools|Protection|protect workbook|Check Structure

Leave Windows unchecked.

Give it a memorable password. But be aware that this password is easily broken
by anyone who really wants to.

--

Dave Peterson

Office_Novice

preventing access to hidden worksheets

Set the worksheets property to xlVeryHidden the user will not be able to
unhide them unless they are in vba which you can password protect. or use
something like

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(3)= (xlVeryHidden)

"Glenn" wrote:

I have hidden worksheets on my program. How can I prevent someone from
unhiding a worksheet? I know how to protect the worksheet from changes but
there are certain worksheets I want to keep from others eyes.
Thanks
Glenn

Office_Novice

preventing access to hidden worksheets

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(3).Visible = (xlVeryHidden)