-   -   Converting xls to pdf problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414001-converting-xls-pdf-problem.html)

venomcc

Converting xls to pdf problem

I'm using the ExportAsFixedFormat method to automate the pdf export of a
excel file.
When I export from excel application, the file is exported correctly
respecting the print areas. However, when I automate it the export ignores
the ignorePrintAreas = false and generates an incorrect pdf file.

Is this a known issue? any resolution

Mike H.

Converting xls to pdf problem

Not sure about the ExportAsFixedFormat but why not download a .pdf printer
driver and print directly to a .pdf file format? That is what I do. Excel
2007 ships with one for Office Apps but a good cheap one is at
software995.com. There are others out there too.

"venomcc" wrote:

I'm using the ExportAsFixedFormat method to automate the pdf export of a
excel file.
When I export from excel application, the file is exported correctly
respecting the print areas. However, when I automate it the export ignores
the ignorePrintAreas = false and generates an incorrect pdf file.

Is this a known issue? any resolution

Ron de Bruin

Converting xls to pdf problem

Hi

Do you have also this problem with the code from this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/pdf.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm