Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programmatically opening workbooks in macros brings up Enable Macr

I've been programmatically opening workbooks using Excel 2003 using the
following statement

Set oWB = Workbooks.Open(oldPath, UpdateLinks:=False, ReadOnly:=True)

Today, for the first time, every time a workbook is opened, I get the "Do
you want to enable macros" question. To make it even more complicated, our
organization is just starting to deploy office 2007, so I'm not sure if any
of these workbooks have been edited using 2007.

I'm thinking that using Application.DisplayAlerts = FALSE before the open
statement should resolve my problem, but I'm wondering why it started now.
These workbooks have had macros for over a year.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt