-   -   Move to a cell based on the address in another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413978-move-cell-based-address-another-cell.html)

[email protected]

Move to a cell based on the address in another cell

Hi All,

I would appreciate any assistance in figuring out how to accomplish
the following in
VBA.

In my spreadsheet I have a formula that returns the row and column
address
of a specific cell depending on a set criteria. Lets say that this
formula is in
cell A1. The contents of cell A1 reads D5. What I need is for the cell
D5 to be
selected. Should the result in A1 change to say E10, then I need cell
E10 to be selected etc.

I am using excel 2003 with windows XP.

Thanks,

Steve

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2311_]

Move to a cell based on the address in another cell

Give this a try...

Range(Range("A1").Value).Select

Rick

wrote in message
Hi All,

I would appreciate any assistance in figuring out how to accomplish
the following in
VBA.

In my spreadsheet I have a formula that returns the row and column
address
of a specific cell depending on a set criteria. Lets say that this
formula is in
cell A1. The contents of cell A1 reads D5. What I need is for the cell
D5 to be
selected. Should the result in A1 change to say E10, then I need cell
E10 to be selected etc.

I am using excel 2003 with windows XP.

Thanks,

Steve

sgltaylor[_2_]

Move to a cell based on the address in another cell

Hi Rick,

That worked great!

Thanks,

Steve