-   -   Add Workbook As Seperate Window (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413915-add-workbook-seperate-window.html)

George Lee

Add Workbook As Seperate Window

I would like to open a new workbook in a separate window. I have set up Excel
to do this when you double click a file to open but when doing it
programmatically, it always opens inside the activeworkbook. How can a new
workbook be added in a separate window? Excel 2003/Windows XP.

Dim targetWorkbook As Workbook
Set targetWorkbook = Application.Workbooks.Add

JLGWhiz

Add Workbook As Seperate Window

If you give the TargetWorkbook a name and then save it, it should then be a
separate window from the workbook that was active when the new one was
created. Otherwise, I would think maybe opening a secon instance of Excel
might be what you are after.