-   -   File opens another file runs macro and closes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413491-file-opens-another-file-runs-macro-closes.html)

steven

File opens another file runs macro and closes

I want to have a sub in a file like:

File named: FileStarter.xls

Sub OpenFile1()
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\File001.xls", Password:="aaaaa"
End Sub

Then in File001.xls I want to run an Auto_Open macro which will start run on
the opening of File001.xls and the first thing I want to do is close
FileStarter.xls and continue running more code in File001.xls Auto_Open.

I am trying but cannot make this work.

Thank you for your help,

Steven

FSt1

File opens another file runs macro and closes

hi
see your other post.

Regards
FSt1

"Steven" wrote:

I want to have a sub in a file like:

File named: FileStarter.xls

Sub OpenFile1()
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\File001.xls", Password:="aaaaa"
End Sub

Then in File001.xls I want to run an Auto_Open macro which will start run on
the opening of File001.xls and the first thing I want to do is close
FileStarter.xls and continue running more code in File001.xls Auto_Open.

I am trying but cannot make this work.

Thank you for your help,

Steven

Tim Williams

File opens another file runs macro and closes

Sub OpenFile1()
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\File001.xls", Password:="aaaaa"
ThisWorkbook.Close False