-   -   nested if not working not sure why Help!! Please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413470-nested-if-not-working-not-sure-why-help-please.html)

IainB

nested if not working not sure why Help!! Please

I have manged to get the following to work

=IF(A23="IB",B19 *2,0)

however when i try to complete a nestedif so that i can look for more than
just one set of initials the code does not work

below is my nestedif
=IF(A25="LB",B25 *2,0,IF(A25="IB",B25 *4,0))

I am very very new to this so im abit lost and any advise would be cool

Please can you explain in laymen terms when you respond as i say im very new

Kind Regards

Iain

Mike H

nested if not working not sure why Help!! Please

Perhaps

=IF(A25="LB",B25 *2,IF(A25="IB",B25 *4,0))

Mike

"IainB" wrote:

I have manged to get the following to work

=IF(A23="IB",B19 *2,0)

however when i try to complete a nestedif so that i can look for more than
just one set of initials the code does not work

below is my nestedif
=IF(A25="LB",B25 *2,0,IF(A25="IB",B25 *4,0))

I am very very new to this so im abit lost and any advise would be cool

Please can you explain in laymen terms when you respond as i say im very new

Kind Regards

Iain

Jeremy Heersink

nested if not working not sure why Help!! Please

Mike's should do it for you. It's because you had the an extra
argument in there. the ,0, if (... makes your second if statement
invalid. Hope that helps!