-   -   Copying filtered data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413445-copying-filtered-data.html)

Steve Wallis

Copying filtered data

Hi,

This is very much a work in progress and I'm sure my level of expertise will
be readily apparent.

Two problems occur. First when I copy to the 2nd workbook, the column width
is different (hence the "Autofit"). Secondly when I do my first group of
filters in book 2, it shows the correct rows, but hides all other rows down
to 65,450. I could live with that, but I want to do further sets of filters
and I run out of rows.

Any help gratefully received.

Steve W

Sub CopyTodays()

'This Sets Autofilter to select todays entries only from book 1, then copies
to book 2,then filters that data(3 different ways)and copies to another
sheet in book 2

Sheets("All").Select
Selection.AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:=Date
Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Open "C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My
Documents\Folder1\Folder2\Book2.xls"
Sheets("All").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
Cells.Select
Selection.AutoFilter field:=6, Criteria1:="=40", Operator:=xlAnd
Selection.AutoFilter field:=9, Criteria1:="<14", Operator:=xlAnd
Selection.AutoFilter field:=15, Criteria1:="1"
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Test list").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False