-   -   square root (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413257-square-root.html)

PieIzq2

square root

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a program in Excel, but the Imsqrt
function is not recognized by VBA in Excel 2007. Is there a different way in
calculating the square root in VBA.

bst[_2_]

square root

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:35:01 -0700, PieIzq2 wrote:

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a program in Excel, but the Imsqrt
function is not recognized by VBA in Excel 2007. Is there a different
way in calculating the square root in VBA.

Sqr Function Example
This example uses the Sqr function to calculate the square root of a
number.

Dim MySqr
MySqr = Sqr(4) ' Returns 2.
MySqr = Sqr(23) ' Returns 4.79583152331272.
MySqr = Sqr(0) ' Returns 0.
MySqr = Sqr(-4) ' Generates a run-time error.

hth
bst

Mike Middleton

square root

PieIzq2 -

In Excel 2003 and earlier versions, the functions for imaginary numbers
require installation of the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

In Excel 2007, those functions are standard worksheet functions.

So, in Excel 2007, whether or not the Analysis ToolPak add-in is installed,
you can use IMSQRT in a worksheet cell, and you can use
WorksheetFunction.ImSqrt in VBA code.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel