-   -   Excel files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/413021-excel-files.html)

ranswrt

Excel files

I have two excel files. How do I write a procedure in one file that will
open the other file and be able to access the data in that file?
Thanks

StumpedAgain

Excel files

Sub Open()

Workbooks.Open Filename:="File Path here such as C:\MyDocuments\File.xls"

End Sub

You can then call information from the open file.

"ranswrt" wrote:

I have two excel files. How do I write a procedure in one file that will
open the other file and be able to access the data in that file?
Thanks

ranswrt

Excel files

How would I copy a range of cells from one excel file to another?
Thanks

"ranswrt" wrote:

I have two excel files. How do I write a procedure in one file that will
open the other file and be able to access the data in that file?
Thanks

Gord Dibben

Excel files

See Ron de Bruin's CopyPasteMerge section for retrieving data from
multi-workbooks and multi-worksheets.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP