-   -   month name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412947-month-name.html)

RobcPettit[_2_]

month name

Hi, using an input box in vba, were a date ia added, I want to name
worksheets based on the month of the given date. For example if
21/6/08 was entered, then my worksheet will be called June. How do I
get the information using vba.
Regards Robert

Harald Staff[_2_]

month name

Hi Robert

Sub test()
Dim D As Date
D = DateSerial(2008, 6, 21)
MsgBox D
MsgBox Format$(D, "mmmm")
End Sub

Best wishes Harald

"RobcPettit" wrote in message
Hi, using an input box in vba, were a date ia added, I want to name
worksheets based on the month of the given date. For example if
21/6/08 was entered, then my worksheet will be called June. How do I
get the information using vba.
Regards Robert

FSt1

month name

hi
something like this might work
Sub robcpettit()
Dim m As String
Dim ib As String
ib = InputBox("enter date")
m = WorksheetFunction.Text(ib, "mmmm")
Sheets("sheet1").Name = m
End Sub

regards
FSt1
"RobcPettit" wrote:

Hi, using an input box in vba, were a date ia added, I want to name
worksheets based on the month of the given date. For example if
21/6/08 was entered, then my worksheet will be called June. How do I
get the information using vba.
Regards Robert

FSt1

month name

hi
if sheets("sheet1").name = m isn't what you want(sheet specific). try this..
activesheet.name = m

regards
FSt1

"RobcPettit" wrote:

Hi, using an input box in vba, were a date ia added, I want to name
worksheets based on the month of the given date. For example if
21/6/08 was entered, then my worksheet will be called June. How do I
get the information using vba.
Regards Robert

Gary Keramidas

month name

here's one way:

Sub test()
Dim dt As Date
dt = InputBox("Enter Date")
Worksheets("sheet1").Name = MonthName(Month(dt))
End Sub

or

Sub test()
Dim dt As Date
dt = InputBox("Enter Date")
ActiveSheet.Name = MonthName(Month(dt))

Gary

On 22 Jun, 23:25, "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote:
here's one way:

Sub test()
Dim dt As Date
dt = InputBox("Enter Date")
Worksheets("sheet1").Name = MonthName(Month(dt))
End Sub

or

Sub test()
Dim dt As Date
dt = InputBox("Enter Date")
ActiveSheet.Name = MonthName(Month(dt))

Gary

"RobcPettit" wrote in message

Hi, using an input box in vba, were a date ia added, I want to name
worksheets based on the month of the given date. For example if
21/6/08 was entered, then my worksheet will be called June. How do I
get the information using vba.
Regards Robert- Hide quoted text -

Thanks everybody, thats helped me get the results I was looking for.
Regards Robert