-   -   VB6 COM Add-In Ribbons defined in customUI XML not appearing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412889-vb6-com-add-ribbons-defined-customui-xml-not-appearing.html)

Jeff Abbott

VB6 COM Add-In Ribbons defined in customUI XML not appearing

I am using VB6 to implement AddInDesignerObjects.IDTExtensibility2,
Office.IRibbonExtensibility, and Office.IRibbonControl

My Add-In loads fine; the followign methods are called:
IDTExtensibility2_OnAddInsUpdate
IDTExtensibility2_OnAddInsUpdate
IDTExtensibility2_OnStartupComplete
IRibbonExtensibility_GetCustomUI

And I am able to pass the customUI xml for a document Add-in that I copied
from the article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338202.aspx

I don't see anything that would make the xml specific to a documetn Add-In,
but I don't get any new tab in Excel, or PowerPoint if I switch that through
the designer GUI.

Jeff Abbott

VB6 COM Add-In Ribbons defined in customUI XML not appearing

Answered my own questions. I was returning the XML through the RibbonID
ratehr than as the return result (IRibbonExtensibility_GetCustomUI=[xml])