-   -   Hooking the FileOpen Event from the OfficeMenu in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412855-hooking-fileopen-event-officemenu-excel-2007-a.html)

JimM

Hooking the FileOpen Event from the OfficeMenu in Excel 2007

Is it possible to hook into the click event for the File / Open menu on the
OfficeMenu in Excel 2007 - I need to override the file open box with a
different prompt - ( eg. selections from a database...)

Thanks

Jimm C

Doug Glancy

Hooking the FileOpen Event from the OfficeMenu in Excel 2007

Jimm,

Take a look he
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...-deleted-rows/

Hopefully you'll understand it quicker than I did! Of course you still have
to deal with Ctrl-O and opening from Windows Explorer.

hth,

Doug