-   -   save as error with no click (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412835-save-error-no-click.html)

SteveDB1

save as error with no click

Hi all.
This ties in with another post, but so I don't confuse myself, I'm posting
this as a separate entity.

I have a macro that empties unused rows/columns, and then saves the workbook
in a new directory. Actually, it does the save first, then "compacts" the
workbook.

I've nested this within a macro that runs through all of the files we have
in a directory, once I activate it. There are 513 files.

It runs well UNTIL.....

1- I hit an error because of some erroneous data in a workbook that I was
not aware of, or some application defined or object defined error. Jokingly--
for all I know it just wants to eat a donut or something to irritate me......

2- after stopping to find what the error is, I activate the macro again, and
it starts over from scratch.
What I'd initially done was to turn the application.displayalerts to false,
so I would not need to keep an eye on it, everytime it found something it
otherwise needed my input for.
After realizing that I do not want to keep re-processing my files, I set the
display alerts back to true, and when it gives me an alert telling me that
I'd already saved a file, I click no, and I then get a save as error.

So, my question is now--
How can I get it to continue processing files once I say no to saving a
specific file?

(I've already gone through about 1/8-1/4 of my 513 files, and do NOT want to
keep redoing them if I get hung up somewhere with an error-- I'd like to pick
up where I left off and go forward from there.)

Thank you.
Best.