-   -   GetActiveObject("Excel.Application") for multiple instances of Exc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412802-getactiveobject-excel-application-multiple-instances-exc.html)

JsJ_Slim

GetActiveObject("Excel.Application") for multiple instances of Exc

Hi,

I'm trying to use Marshal.GetActiveObject for my Excel automation (to get
info about the current workbook where the automation is called), but I've
realised that when I have multiple instances of Excel (eg, starting excel
through the programs menu multiple times), the returned Application object is
always the first excel application.

Is there any way I can get around this problem? Basically, I want my
automation to be able to get the Application in which it was called from.

Thanks.

Josh

Tim Williams

GetActiveObject("Excel.Application") for multiple instances of Exc

If GetActiveObject works like GetObject() then I don't think there's any way
to get a specific instance of an application.

Tim