-   -   Run Time Error 9 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412713-run-time-error-9-a.html)

BoRed79

Run Time Error 9

I am getting a run time error 9 about the following peice of code:

Finalrow = Sheets("Word").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can fix or get round this.

Thanks.

Nayab

Run Time Error 9

On Jun 17, 2:38*pm, BoRed79 wrote:
I am getting a run time error 9 about the following peice of code:

Finalrow = Sheets("Word").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can fix or get round this.

Thanks.

This error generally occurs when the sheet u r trying to reference is
not there. Check if there is any space int he name of Sheet "Word"

Smallweed

Run Time Error 9

Strange - don't see why that doesn't work.

An alternative (as long as column A is full of data from A1 - but could you
adjust the range down a bit if you like):

Finalrow = Sheets("Word").Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Rows.Coun t

Dave Peterson

Run Time Error 9

I would expect that you don't have a worksheet named Word in that workbook.

Maybe the wrong workbook is active or maybe it's a spelling error in the
worksheet name.

--

Dave Peterson

BoRed79

Run Time Error 9

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I have tried this alternative and
it gives the same result.

I have checked in the file and I definitely have a sheet called "Word" and
it is spelt the same and with no spaces.