-   -   Excel list box or combo box - filled with data from SQL query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412497-excel-list-box-combo-box-filled-data-sql-query.html)

Hannes

Excel list box or combo box - filled with data from SQL query

Hi, I hope I am right here.. if not apologies.

Following problem:
I like to create a listbox or a combobox (result can be 500 rows) which
contains values from an SQL query. depending if from the other comboboxes a
certain value was selected the list values gets updated. However, my problem
is, I do not get the listvalues added at all through the SQL query. I know
how it works in Access but have never done this in Excel. Also the selected
value on the end shall be used as part of the Where Statement for another SQL
query out of Excel.

Does anyone know if this is possible at all, and if it is possible, do you
have an example where and how I can get started?

Thanks
hannes