-   -   Run a subroutine from a worksheet without button, menu, or shortcut key… (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412481-run-subroutine-worksheet-without-button-menu-shortcut-key%85.html)

qpg

Run a subroutine from a worksheet without button, menu, or shortcut key…

Im looking for a way to run a sub from a worksheet. Something
equivalent to a command line in AutoCAD. I had in mind entering a
function in a cell that would return True when done but in the mean
time call a sub routine and allow for range selection, etc.

It does not seem that this can be done with a function calling a sub
but does anyone have a workaround? Is there a way to trigger a sub
from cell or the formula bar?

Thanks,

Michael

merjet

Run a subroutine from a worksheet without button, menu, or shortcut key…

Subs can be triggered from worksheet events, e.g. Worksheet_Change()
and
Worksheet_SelectionChange().

Hth,
Merjet

qpg

On Jun 12, 10:04*am, merjet wrote:
Subs can be triggered from worksheet events, e.g. Worksheet_Change()
and
Worksheet_SelectionChange().

Hth,
Merjet

Thanks but I think it needs to be a little more intentional than that.
Anyone have anyother ideas?