-   -   conditional formatting a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412471-conditional-formatting-row.html)

Belinda7237

conditional formatting a row

I want an entire row to be struck through if the entry is column s is "cleared"

I am using conditional formatting by highlighting a row and using the
formula featu

=IF($S3,"<cleared",0)

and its not working. Do i have the formula incorrect?

joel

conditional formatting a row

=IF($S3<"cleared",1,0)

"Belinda7237" wrote:

I want an entire row to be struck through if the entry is column s is "cleared"

I am using conditional formatting by highlighting a row and using the
formula featu

=IF($S3,"<cleared",0)

and its not working. Do i have the formula incorrect?

Belinda7237

conditional formatting a row

I have highlighted the entire row so that the strike thruough will be across
all cells but it only strikes thru the s column?

"Joel" wrote:

=IF($S3<"cleared",1,0)

"Belinda7237" wrote:

I want an entire row to be struck through if the entry is column s is "cleared"

I am using conditional formatting by highlighting a row and using the
formula featu

=IF($S3,"<cleared",0)

and its not working. Do i have the formula incorrect?

joel

conditional formatting a row

You have to copy the Conditional formating using the following steps.

1) Put conditional format in one cell on the row
2) Copy cell
3) Highlight all cells on the row where you want to paste the conditional
format
3) Use menu edit - Pastespecial check format only.

"Belinda7237" wrote:

I have highlighted the entire row so that the strike thruough will be across
all cells but it only strikes thru the s column?

"Joel" wrote:

=IF($S3<"cleared",1,0)

"Belinda7237" wrote:

I want an entire row to be struck through if the entry is column s is "cleared"

I am using conditional formatting by highlighting a row and using the
formula featu

=IF($S3,"<cleared",0)

and its not working. Do i have the formula incorrect?

Belinda7237

conditional formatting a row

Its still not working - this is strange as in a previous version of my file I
had it working right. Is there a way to view existing conditional formatting
in a workbook?

"Belinda7237" wrote:

I want an entire row to be struck through if the entry is column s is "cleared"

I am using conditional formatting by highlighting a row and using the
formula featu

=IF($S3,"<cleared",0)

and its not working. Do i have the formula incorrect?

joel

conditional formatting a row

You can see the conditional formating by clicking on the cell and then Go to
menu Format - Conditional Format the same way you entered the Conditional
formating.

"Belinda7237" wrote:

I want an entire row to be struck through if the entry is column s is "cleared"

I am using conditional formatting by highlighting a row and using the
formula featu

=IF($S3,"<cleared",0)

and its not working. Do i have the formula incorrect?

Belinda7237

conditional formatting a row

thanks, in my previous version that was working the formula i used was:

=$S3="cleared"

I must have wrote over it in my new version, now that i have reentered it
works. Thanks for all your help and patience!