-   -   Can excel service be used to show and save data in Database like SQLserver? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412465-can-excel-service-used-show-save-data-database-like-sqlserver.html)

[email protected]

Can excel service be used to show and save data in Database like SQLserver?

Hi,
I am new to MOSS and Excel Service. I have read that we can publish
Excel files in Doc library and using Trusted Data connections, we can
display data from database on to Excel (in the Browser).

I am assigned a task where I will be calling web page in side web
control in my VB application, on this page I need to open my excel
file, with the data from database. User would edit the data and on
Save click, save back the data into database.

Could somebody please tell me if at all it is posible? And if yes, it
will be a great help if I can get some links to refer for saving the
data back in DB.

Thanks,
Manish