-   -   Distinguishing what is causing close (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412464-distinguishing-what-causing-close.html)

Peter Ostermann

Distinguishing what is causing close

Hi everyone,

I like to use the "Workbook_BeforeClose" event to program different actions
whether the workbook or the Excel application is beeing closed. Any ideas
how the cause of close can be realized? Thanks in advance for hints.

Peter Ostermann

Franz Erhart[_2_]

Distinguishing what is causing close

1. Open VBA, means of Alt-F11
2. Open "DieseArbeitsmappe" - for german users, for others the name is
different
3. Select from dropdown menu object "workbook"
4. Select from dropdown menu prozedure "BeforeClose"
5. Enter your code to "Workbook_BeforeClose" as you wish

"Peter Ostermann" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I like to use the "Workbook_BeforeClose" event to program different actions
whether the workbook or the Excel application is beeing closed. Any ideas
how the cause of close can be realized? Thanks in advance for hints.

Peter Ostermann

Norman Jones[_2_]

Distinguishing what is causing close

Hi Franz,

2. Open "DieseArbeitsmappe" - for german users, for others the name is
different

I think that you are referring to the workbook's
ThisWorkbook module.

However, I think that Peter's question seeks
a method to differentiate the closure of a
workbook (e.g. ActiveWorkbook.Close)
from a closure caused by terminating the Excel
session.

---
Regards.
Norman

"Peter Ostermann" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I like to use the "Workbook_BeforeClose" event to program different
actions
whether the workbook or the Excel application is beeing closed. Any ideas
how the cause of close can be realized? Thanks in advance for hints.

Peter Ostermann

Peter Ostermann

Distinguishing what is causing close

Hi, Norman,

However, I think that Peter's question seeks
a method to differentiate the closure of a
workbook (e.g. ActiveWorkbook.Close)
from a closure caused by terminating the Excel
session.

you describe exactly what I seek. I direct my question to the Microsoft
MVPs. May be one of you people have the info?
Thanks for any answer.

Regards
Peter

Peter Ostermann

Distinguishing what is causing close

Hi NG,

if there is no solution, please state that there is none. That could help
stopping from further seaching.

Thanks
Peter

"Peter Ostermann" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi, Norman,

However, I think that Peter's question seeks
a method to differentiate the closure of a
workbook (e.g. ActiveWorkbook.Close)
from a closure caused by terminating the Excel
session.

you describe exactly what I seek. I direct my question to the Microsoft
MVPs. May be one of you people have the info?
Thanks for any answer.

Regards
Peter

Dave Peterson