-   -   find out if a sheet is open by another user (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412196-find-out-if-sheet-open-another-user.html)

dan

find out if a sheet is open by another user

Is there a way to find out in VBA if an xls is open in read/write mode by
someone and who that someone is.
Many thanks,
Dan

Gary''s Student

find out if a sheet is open by another user

See the UserStatus Property in VBA Help
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200790

"Dan" wrote:

Is there a way to find out in VBA if an xls is open in read/write mode by
someone and who that someone is.
Many thanks,
Dan

dan

find out if a sheet is open by another user

UserStatus does not work on a read only file - and I am interested to find
out who is the user that is locking the file, so that does not help me.

on the help file it is written:
"Remarks
The UserStatus property doesn't return information about users who have the
specified workbook open as read-only."

Thank you.