-   -   determining the cutcopy range progamatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412124-determining-cutcopy-range-progamatically.html)

jc

determining the cutcopy range progamatically

is there a way to determine progamattically the range that is highlited with
a marquee while in cut or copy mode?
--
JC

joel

determining the cutcopy range progamatically

It would be the selection. You can use the address property. I don't have
excel running right now but it would be one of the following

SelAddress = selection.address

or

SelAddress = activecell.address

Make sure if it is in a different sheet or workbook that you include these
in the code.

I sometimes define the cut or copy Range like this

Set CopyRange = Workbooks("Book1.xls").sheets("Sheet1").Range("A10 :C100")
Set PasteRange = Workbooks("Book2.xls").sheets("Sheet3").Range("D10 ")
CopyRange.Copy Destination:=PasteRange

CopyAddr = CopyRange.Address
PasteAddr = PasteRange.Address

"jc" wrote:

is there a way to determine progamattically the range that is highlited with
a marquee while in cut or copy mode?
--
JC

Susan

determining the cutcopy range progamatically

activating a macro will de-highlight the marquee.
having it highlighted within a macro requires that you tell it what
range to cut/copy/paste.
hope the information helps.
:)
susan

On Jun 5, 12:36*pm, jc wrote:
is there a way to determine progamattically the range that is highlited *with
a marquee while in cut or copy mode?
--
JC

jc

determining the cutcopy range progamatically

I don't think this is right. You can copy a cell and the change the
selection many times and the marquee stays with the copied cell.

I am working with a worksheet_selectionchange procedure that blows away the
marquee when i do something to the range with the marquee like change the
font or add a comment. I would like to determine the cut or copy range going
into the procedure and re cut or copy it on the way out.
--
JC

"jc" wrote:

is there a way to determine progamattically the range that is highlited with
a marquee while in cut or copy mode?
--
JC

jc

determining the cutcopy range progamatically

actually in the macro I'm working with the marquee stays on until I do
something to the cell that has the marquee like change font or add or delete
a comment. If I don't do anything to the cell the marquee stays on after the
macro.
--
JC