-   -   dialog box validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412094-dialog-box-validation.html)

[email protected]

dialog box validation

I am a problem with dialog boxes in excel 2000

1. I need a code so when the person clicks ok it checks the comment
box to make sure there is a 5 character string in the box (could be
both numbers and letters)

Corey ....[_2_]

dialog box validation

Try creating a simply form.
Place a textbox on it, and set the MAXLENGTH value to 5.
Place a commandbutton on the form to process the value entered.

Corey....