-   -   Table formatting in C# (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412028-table-formatting-c.html)

Kevin Burton

Table formatting in C#

I formatted a range and recorded a macro to see how it was done and part of
the VBA code that was generated was:

ActiveSheet.ListObjects.Add(xlSrcRange, Range("$A$2:$E$34919"),
, xlYes).Name = "Table1"

So I tried to translate this to C# in an Excel Addin VSTO project and I came
up with

ws.ListObjects.Add(Excel.XlListObjectSourceType.xl SrcRange,

ws.get_Range(string.Format("${0}$2:${1}${2}", (char)('A' + (baseColumn + 0)),
(char)('A' + (baseColumn + 4)), orderList.Count + 2), Type.Missing),
Type.Missing,
Excel.XlYesNoGuess.xlYes,
Type.Missing).Name = tableName;

The complicated string format has been verified and it generates a string
like $A$2:$E$34919. When I run this code the first table created works fine.
However the second table throws an exception indicating that the range
overlaps with another table. I know the string doesn't overlap. I suspect
there is something that I am doing wrong in translating
Range("$A$2:$E$34919") to something equivalent in C#. One other thing that
adds credence to this theory is that I have other data on this sheet and the
columns seem to be merged into this table name. It is almost like the range
is not A-E but all columns from A to the end.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Kevin