-   -   Track Max of Matches across 2 columns in 2D Array (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412014-track-max-matches-across-2-columns-2d-array.html)

ExcelMonkey

Track Max of Matches across 2 columns in 2D Array

I have a 2D array with 2 rows and 100 columns (Redim ThisArray(0 to 1, 0 to
99). I have loaded data into the array as follows:

ThisArray(0,0) = A
ThisArray(0,1) = A
ThisArray(0,2) = A
ThisArray(0,3) = B
ThisArray(0,4) = B
ThisArray(0,5) = B
ThisArray(0,6) = B

ThisArray(1,0) = Red
ThisArray(1,1) = Red
ThisArray(1,2) = Blue
ThisArray(1,3) = Red
ThisArray(1,4) = Blue
ThisArray(1,5) = Blue
ThisArray(1,6) = Blue

I want to be able to count ther number of matches that exist across the rows
and record the max. For example A has 2 Red and B has 3 Blue. I wan to be
able to pull this data into a new 2D array called Results(). I would like it
to look as follows:

A B C
2:Red 3:Blue ?

How do I do this?

Thanks

EM

[email protected]

Track Max of Matches across 2 columns in 2D Array

On Jun 3, 6:48 pm, ExcelMonkey
wrote:
[...]

ExcelMonkey,

I usually let Excel do all the hard work. If your original data is an
Excel range, simply add a third row with each cell equal to the
concatenation of rows 1 and 2. Then do simple CountIfs to based on
the concatenated values for each possible pairing and take the max of
those by letter.

SteveM

ExcelMonkey

Track Max of Matches across 2 columns in 2D Array

I am actually doing everything in code.

Thanks

EM