-   -   Copy text from embedded Word object? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412008-copy-text-embedded-word-object.html)

c mateland[_2_]

Copy text from embedded Word object?

In a worksheet is an embedded Word object. When I click a button, I
want the object's text to copy to cell A1. Can anyone please help me
with this?

I'm using Excel 2003.

Thanks,
Chuck

joel

Copy text from embedded Word object?

Sub Macro1()
'

For Each obj In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects
If InStr(obj.progID, "Word.Document") 0 Then
'open word document
obj.Activate

Set WordDoc = obj.Object.Application.ActiveDocument
Set WordApp = obj.Application

pos = WordDoc.words.first.Start
pos2 = WordDoc.words.last.End
Set WordRange = WordDoc.Range(Start:=pos, End:=pos2)
WordText = WordRange.Text

ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A1") = WordText

Exit For
End If

Next obj

End Sub