-   -   How to I Delete a Row if a Cell does not have a particular value? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411920-how-i-delete-row-if-cell-does-not-have-particular-value.html)

Will

How to I Delete a Row if a Cell does not have a particular value?

My Goal:
Run a Macro that will scan a worksheet and if the word "Accounting" is not
in the "M" column of a Row then delete that Row.

Here is what I have now. It scans the Worksheet but does not delete the rows:

Sub Make_one_sheet_per_dept()
'
' Make_one_sheet_per_dept Macro
' Macro recorded 6/2/2008 Totals each department onto it's own worksheet.
'
'
Sheets("Accounting").Select
Dim rngTotal As String
For i = 5000 To 1 Step -1
rngTotal = Range("M" & i).Select
rngTotal = Range("M" & i).Value
'rngTotal = Trim(rngTotal)
If rngTotal = "<Accounting" Then
Rows(ActiveCell.Row).Select
Selection.Delete shift:=x1Up
End If
Next i
End Sub

Thanks Will

Bob Phillips

How to I Delete a Row if a Cell does not have a particular value?

Sub Make_one_sheet_per_dept()
Dim rngTotal As String

With Sheets("Accounting")

For i = 5000 To 1 Step -1

If .Range("M" & i).Value < "Accounting" Then

.Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i
End With