Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Arrays/Redim/Help!

Working with arrays gives me vertigo!

I want to loop through a recordset and store two pieces of information in an
array, re-sizing the array with Redim Preserve as I process each new record
in the recordset. The populated array should look like this:

Thing1, .25
Thing2, 1.43
Thing3, .07
etc.

But I'm not seeing the forest for the trees -- my code throws a "subscript
out of range" on the second Redim. I've tweaked it various ways, most recent
version is

x = 0
Rs.MoveFirst
Do While Not Rs.EOF
ReDim Preserve varPriceTable(x + 1, x + 1)
varPriceTable(x, 0) = Rs!LookupString
varPriceTable(x, 1) = Rs!ZPMILEPrice
x = x + 1
Rs.MoveNext
Loop

Somebody please help me take the blinders off! ;)

Why use redim when creating an array of arrays? Joe Dunfee Excel Programming 5 June 8th 07 04:40 PM
Working with ranges in arrays... or an introduction to arrays Glen Excel Programming 5 September 10th 06 08:32 AM
Arrays - declaration, adding values to arrays and calculation Maxi[_2_] Excel Programming 1 August 17th 06 04:13 PM
Dim and Redim Sean Excel Programming 4 June 5th 06 07:31 PM
ReDim, Preserve and Multidimensional arrays Andy Westlake[_2_] Excel Programming 3 October 19th 04 07:04 PM