-   -   Create CubeFields with C# (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411736-create-cubefields-c.html)

Bishman

Create CubeFields with C#

Hello all,

I am been trying to figure this out and I failed. I am using VS 2008, and
Office 2007.

I ran a Macro to add a field from SSAS Cube, and I am trying to convert it
to code in C# but I failed.

The code that is generated by the macro is:

With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").CubeFields( _
"[Account].[All Members]")
.Orientation = xlRowField
.Position = 1
End With

The problem I am runing in is I have a variable that is my pivottable, when
I try to type pt.CubeFields I only get the options to AddSet which I also
have not figure it out.

What I am trying to do is based on the user selection create the pivottable
for them.

Any help you provide is greatly apprecited.

Bishman

Create CubeFields with C#

That is how I got it to work, just in case someone else is looking for this.

Excel.CubeField cf = null;

cf = pt.CubeFields["[Account].[All Members]"];
cf.Orientation =
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlPivotFieldOrienta tion.xlRowField;
cf.Position = 1;