-   -   Why wont inserting a shape record in a macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411696-why-wont-inserting-shape-record-macro.html)

Mark Stephens

Why wont inserting a shape record in a macro?

I usually record something and then look at the macro code, clean it up and
use it. Problem is when I insert an autoshape nothing records, any reason
why not?

Thanks and regards, mark

John Bundy

Why wont inserting a shape record in a macro?

Works for me, XL2003

ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, 93#, 126#, 84.75, 86.25). _
Select
--
-John
is helpful.

"Mark Stephens" wrote:

I usually record something and then look at the macro code, clean it up and
use it. Problem is when I insert an autoshape nothing records, any reason
why not?

Thanks and regards, mark

Dave Peterson

Why wont inserting a shape record in a macro?

Are you using xl2007?

I've read posts that describe problems when recording macros that deal with
shapes.

Mark Stephens wrote:

I usually record something and then look at the macro code, clean it up and
use it. Problem is when I insert an autoshape nothing records, any reason
why not?

Thanks and regards, mark

--

Dave Peterson

Mark Stephens

Why wont inserting a shape record in a macro?

Thanks John,

Yes it works but it didn't record it in the macro at all when i added it in
2007 (good job I have the user group), thanks again, regards, mark

"Mark Stephens" wrote:

I usually record something and then look at the macro code, clean it up
and
use it. Problem is when I insert an autoshape nothing records, any reason
why not?

Thanks and regards, mark

Mark Stephens

Why wont inserting a shape record in a macro?

Yes i am, rgds, M.