-   -   Macro to disable Refresh Data option? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411695-macro-disable-refresh-data-option.html)

Sarah (OGI)

Macro to disable Refresh Data option?

Is there any way of disabling the "Refresh Data" option on a pivot table?

I've got a workbook with 9 worksheets and a macro to copy out 3 of those
worksheets into a new workbook. This will be done on a monthly basis and
distributed to my department.

However, I do not want them to be able to refresh the data. I considered
just protecting the worksheet, but they need to be able to change the layout
of the table depending on what they want to find out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Mike H.

Macro to disable Refresh Data option?

If your pivot table is built on static data that you've copied out from your
"live system", then the refreshing of the pivot table will not yield any
changes. So just make sure you build it on static data, not dynamic data.
HTH.