-   -   Custom cell format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411567-custom-cell-format.html)

michael.beckinsale

Custom cell format

Hi All,

I am pretty sure this can be done, but l cant seem to get the syntax
right!

I would like to create a custom format that displays the cell value as
a % but if the % 100% or < 100% then **** is displayed.

I thought it would go something like this:

[100%]["****"]0.0%;[<100%]["***"](0.0%)

Can anybody give me the correct syntax please?

If this cannot be done as above can l achieve the same result by
conditional formatting and if so how?

All ideas greatfully received

Regards

Michael Beckinsale

Dick Kusleika[_4_]

Custom cell format

On Tue, 27 May 2008 07:46:34 -0700 (PDT), "michael.beckinsale"
wrote:

Hi All,

I am pretty sure this can be done, but l cant seem to get the syntax
right!

I would like to create a custom format that displays the cell value as
a % but if the % 100% or < 100% then **** is displayed.

I thought it would go something like this:

Can anybody give me the correct syntax please?

If this cannot be done as above can l achieve the same result by
conditional formatting and if so how?

Based on your description, you only want to show the number if it's exactly
100%.
--
Dick Kusleika
Microsoft MVP-Excel