-   -   Windows API calls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411537-windows-api-calls.html)

Howard31

Windows API calls

Windows API (Application Programming Interface) is very useful, my question
is: I have a copy of the Text file that includes all the API functions and
constants, but how one earth do find out what each of them does and how do
combine different Functions to get my end result
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

Jim Thomlinson

Windows API calls

Google is your friend for getting the API's to work... You can also download
an API viewer as opposed to having a list.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Howard31" wrote:

Windows API (Application Programming Interface) is very useful, my question
is: I have a copy of the Text file that includes all the API functions and
constants, but how one earth do find out what each of them does and how do
combine different Functions to get my end result
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

Howard Kaikow

Windows API calls

A place to start is Dan Appleman's book

Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the Win32 API

It's a bit dated and does not have the newer APIs, but the book will save
you lots of
time looking up the fundamental stuff.