-   -   List Problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411360-list-problems.html)

AJenkinsNWLDC

List Problems

Hello,

I have a sheet of orders and i have recently redesigned the sheet to contain
lists. I wanted my employess to be able to search easily, and without much
excel knowledge i came up with this. However, as i have about 23 columns of
data it has become difficult once somebody has filtered to find out which
list is filtered. There is a little blue triangle instead of black, but some
of my employees are struggling. I was wondering if there was a way that we
could turn the whole filtered column red or yellow, to make it blatently
obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Don Guillett

List Problems

i came up with this.
What is this? If you have a macro that sets the filter then you can also use
that to highlight the column.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"AJenkinsNWLDC" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a sheet of orders and i have recently redesigned the sheet to
contain
lists. I wanted my employess to be able to search easily, and without much
excel knowledge i came up with this. However, as i have about 23 columns
of
data it has become difficult once somebody has filtered to find out which
list is filtered. There is a little blue triangle instead of black, but
some
of my employees are struggling. I was wondering if there was a way that we
could turn the whole filtered column red or yellow, to make it blatently
obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

David

List Problems

Hi,
What is it they are searching for, the order number? And this is a manual
process after it is filtered? Why not just use Ctrl+F to do a find? Not even
filter it at all. What is in 23 columns of data?

David

"AJenkinsNWLDC" wrote:

Hello,

I have a sheet of orders and i have recently redesigned the sheet to contain
lists. I wanted my employess to be able to search easily, and without much
excel knowledge i came up with this. However, as i have about 23 columns of
data it has become difficult once somebody has filtered to find out which
list is filtered. There is a little blue triangle instead of black, but some
of my employees are struggling. I was wondering if there was a way that we
could turn the whole filtered column red or yellow, to make it blatently
obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jim Cone[_2_]

List Problems

There are a couple of downloads at the Debra Dalgleish website that can do that.
Take a look at number FL0018 and FL0014. I have not used them ...
http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA