-   -   Data check (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411217-data-check.html)

[email protected]

Data check

Hi, I would check data table. There are 150 columns about 3600 rows. I
need to check if data field is missing value. If yes, so error message
must be generated. Doesn't anybody know to help me with macro? Thanks
Pavel

Mike H.

Data check

Sub CheckData
Dim X as double
Dim Y as double
Dim ErrorData(50000,2) as variant
Dim Fnd as double
for X=1 to 3600
for Y=1 to 150
if cells(x,y).value=empty then
Fnd=Fnd+1
ErrorData(Fnd,1)=X
ErrorData(Fnd,2)=Y
end if
Next
Next
if Fnd0 then
Dim MyEntries As String
Workbooks.Add Template:="Workbook"
MyEntries = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Cells(1,1).value="Bad Row"
Cells(1,2).value="Bad Col"
for X=1 to Fnd
cells(x+1,1)=ErrorData(X,1)
cells(x+1,2)=ErrorData(x,2)
Next
End if
'then add code for printing or whatever....
End sub

" wrote:

Hi, I would check data table. There are 150 columns about 3600 rows. I
need to check if data field is missing value. If yes, so error message
must be generated. Doesn't anybody know to help me with macro? Thanks
Pavel

[email protected]

Data check

hi Pavel,
missing value means a blank cell? then try this macro:

Sub GetBlankCells()
On Error Resume Next
Set rng = Range(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Address). _
SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
If Err.Number 0 Then
MsgBox "no blanks"
Else