-   -   Check if data is inputed. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411194-check-if-data-inputed.html)

Albert Mulder

Check if data is inputed.

I have a user entering data into a cell then that data is used through out
the page, but if the user does not enter any data into a cell all the other
cells get ### entered onto them.

The user does not need to enter data into every cell, only the ones he
needs. How can I do it so that instead of showing ## it shows nothing just a
blank cell?

I would think it would be an if then but not sure how. The data the user
would enter will always be 0-9 only.

JLGWhiz

Check if data is inputed.

Assume the cell where the date is entered is A1:

If IsNumeric(Range("A1") = True Then
'Your regular code here
Else
'Exit Sub?
End If

"Albert Mulder" wrote:

I have a user entering data into a cell then that data is used through out
the page, but if the user does not enter any data into a cell all the other
cells get ### entered onto them.

The user does not need to enter data into every cell, only the ones he
needs. How can I do it so that instead of showing ## it shows nothing just a
blank cell?

I would think it would be an if then but not sure how. The data the user
would enter will always be 0-9 only.

Albert Mulder

Check if data is inputed.

This is what need and have tryed

Checking if Cell "N10" = a number

if true =SUM(N10-N9)

ELSE Change Cell "N17" to Blank Cell

Code:
=If IsNumeric(Range("N9") = True Then =SUM(N10-N9) ELSE =CELL(N10=" " )

Error... What would the correct code be?

Thank you!

"Albert Mulder" wrote:

I have a user entering data into a cell then that data is used through out
the page, but if the user does not enter any data into a cell all the other
cells get ### entered onto them.

The user does not need to enter data into every cell, only the ones he
needs. How can I do it so that instead of showing ## it shows nothing just a
blank cell?

I would think it would be an if then but not sure how. The data the user
would enter will always be 0-9 only.

JLGWhiz

Check if data is inputed.

I am not sure what you meant by SUM(N10-N9).
If you meant subtract N9 from N10 Then put
this formula in N17.

=IF(ISNUMBER(N9), N10-N9, "")

If you meant to add SUM(N9:N10) then use this
in Cell N17.

=IF(ISNUMBER(N9), SUM(N9:N10), "")