-   -   Turn on reference within a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411057-turn-reference-within-macro.html)

[email protected]

Turn on reference within a macro

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to run a macro that would turn on a
reference? Specifically, the Adobe Distiller reference (VBa editor -
Tools - References). I would like for my spreadsheet template to
have it turned off by default, but if a user wants to run a macro that
calls the distiller then the reference would turn on.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

JW[_2_]

On May 16, 12:14*pm, wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to run a macro that would turn on a
reference? *Specifically, the Adobe Distiller reference (VBa editor -
Tools - References). *I would like for my spreadsheet template to
have it turned off by default, but if a user wants to run a macro that
calls the distiller then the reference would turn on.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Give something like this a shot, changing the Item to whatever your
reference is.

Sub Remove_Reference()
Dim x As Object
Set x = Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject _
.References.Item("R8ole32.tlb")
Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References.Remove x
End Sub

[email protected]

On May 16, 12:26 pm, JW wrote:
On May 16, 12:14 pm, wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to run a macro that would turn on a
reference? Specifically, the Adobe Distiller reference (VBa editor -
Tools - References). I would like for my spreadsheet template to
have it turned off by default, but if a user wants to run a macro that
calls the distiller then the reference would turn on.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Give something like this a shot, changing the Item to whatever your
reference is.

Sub Remove_Reference()
Dim x As Object
Set x = Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject _
.References.Item("R8ole32.tlb")
Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References.Remove x
End Sub

Thanks JW, that does seem to work to remove the reference. What would
I need to turn a reference on?

[email protected]

On May 16, 1:23 pm, wrote:
On May 16, 12:26 pm, JW wrote:

On May 16, 12:14 pm, wrote:

[...]

Maybe something like this:

Sub Add_reference()
Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References.AddFrom File ("C:
\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\acrodist.exe")
End Sub

Seems to work. Kind of simple though, not sure if I am over looking
anything. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of
Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References . Much appreciated.

JW[_2_]

On May 16, 1:31*pm, wrote:
On May 16, 1:23 pm, wrote:

On May 16, 12:26 pm, JW wrote:

On May 16, 12:14 pm, wrote:

[...]

Application.VBE.ActiveVBProject.References . *Much appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Yup, that would be the way I would handle it.

[email protected]

On May 16, 2:18 pm, JW wrote:
On May 16, 1:31 pm, wrote:

On May 16, 1:23 pm, wrote:

On May 16, 12:26 pm, JW wrote:

On May 16, 12:14 pm, wrote:

[...]

Thanks again, I really appreciate your posts and feedback.