-   -   Macro to merge and format selected cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410935-macro-merge-format-selected-cell.html)

taylor

Macro to merge and format selected cell

I want to create a macro that will merge the selected cell with the one next
to it (on the right) and format it to align left. When this macro runs, I
would like for it to perform the action in whichever cell is selected and not
the cells that are referenced while recording the macro. I hope this makes
sense!

Pete Rooney

Macro to merge and format selected cell

Taylor,

How about:

Sub MergeCells()
With Selection
.Resize(1, 2).MergeCells = True
.Resize(1, 2).HorizontalAlignment = xlLeft
End With
End Sub

regards

Pete

"Taylor" wrote:

I want to create a macro that will merge the selected cell with the one next
to it (on the right) and format it to align left. When this macro runs, I
would like for it to perform the action in whichever cell is selected and not
the cells that are referenced while recording the macro. I hope this makes
sense!

taylor

Macro to merge and format selected cell

Just what I needed! Thanks for such a speedy response!

"Taylor" wrote:

I want to create a macro that will merge the selected cell with the one next
to it (on the right) and format it to align left. When this macro runs, I
would like for it to perform the action in whichever cell is selected and not
the cells that are referenced while recording the macro. I hope this makes
sense!

Pete Rooney

Macro to merge and format selected cell

You're welcome! :-)