-   -   Need formula or macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410907-need-formula-macro.html)

theo

Need formula or macro

I've looked and can't find help on this task.....

I have e-mail addresses in column A of worksheet1. They can be duplicated.
I have unique e-mail addresses in column A of worksheet2. In column B of
worksheet 2 I have a variable called Method.

In column B of worksheet1, I want to match the e-mail from worksheet1/A to
worksheet2/A and return that e-mails Method. If there is no match, it can be
left blank, or be "None".

If someone could point me to sample code, that would be great.
Thanks

Norman Jones[_2_]

Need formula or macro

Hi Teo,

One way:

Name the ColumnA:B data on Shet2 as Table.

In B2 on Sheet1 enter the formula:

=IF(NOT(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,0))),VLOOKUP(A1 ,table,2,0),"")

Drag the formula down as far as needed
in column B

---
Regards.
Norman

"Theo" wrote in message
I've looked and can't find help on this task.....

I have e-mail addresses in column A of worksheet1. They can be duplicated.
I have unique e-mail addresses in column A of worksheet2. In column B of
worksheet 2 I have a variable called Method.

In column B of worksheet1, I want to match the e-mail from worksheet1/A to
worksheet2/A and return that e-mails Method. If there is no match, it can
be
left blank, or be "None".

If someone could point me to sample code, that would be great.
Thanks

theo

Need formula or macro

Thank you VERY much.