-   -   User Form (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410889-user-form.html)

mazu

User Form

I referenced data in Text Box from an Excel sheet.
For that, I wrote the following code:
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\mxra\Desktop\SYNCHRO Project\demo data.xls"
Any time I run the user form, I can see that the file is opening.
How can I hide that file? So anyone open the user form will not be able to
see the base file were data is referenced.

Jim Cone[_2_]

User Form

'Turn off updates to the display screen before opening the file...
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'Open the file

ThisWorkbook.Activate 'switch back to original file.
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
'--
You may also want to consider hiding the display of workbook buttons
in the Taskbar using... Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = False
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA