-   -   Excel 2007: blue is no longer 0000FF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410866-excel-2007-blue-no-longer-0000ff.html)

none

Excel 2007: blue is no longer 0000FF

Hello,
In Excel 2007, I find many standard color are no longer standard. For
example, blue is no longer 0000FF. What's the underlying reason?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1918_]

Excel 2007: blue is no longer 0000FF

Where are you putting or assigning that value?

Rick

"None" wrote in message
Hello,
In Excel 2007, I find many standard color are no longer standard. For
example, blue is no longer 0000FF. What's the underlying reason?

Peter T

Excel 2007: blue is no longer 0000FF

In all versions of Excel and for most purposes in VB(A), 0000FF is red

colour value = B x 256^2 + G x 256 + R = &Hbbggrr

where R,G,B are values 0-255

HTML uses the opposite hex (ie byte) order, #rrggbb

Regards,
Peter T

"None" wrote in message
Hello,
In Excel 2007, I find many standard color are no longer standard. For
example, blue is no longer 0000FF. What's the underlying reason?

none

Excel 2007: blue is no longer 0000FF

Please execuse my ignorance of RGB format. What I meant in the post is that:
some Excel 2007 colors are no long standard.