-   -   Excel form to update data from MS Access data table based on criteriain excel sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410771-excel-form-update-data-ms-access-data-table-based-criteriain-excel-sheet.html)

Santa-D

Excel form to update data from MS Access data table based on criteriain excel sheet

I'm currently using MS Excel 2003 and MS Access 2003. I also have the
XLODBC.XLA addin from Excel 2002 if that is of any benefit.

What I am trying to do, if anyone can point me in the right direction
is:

I have a form is MS Excel that is used to do XYZ and I want to insert
a reference number (REF_NO) and it will populate the form using data
from an MS Access database.

The MS Access database has two tables (MAIN & VEHDET) that is
connected by (REF_NO).

The aim of the Excel form is to popluate the data before converting it
into PDF file.

I tried using SQL.REQUEST but I couldn't get it to return any results.

JW[_2_]

Excel form to update data from MS Access data table based oncriteria in excel sheet

Still not 100% sure of what you are after, but have a look at my
databaseLookup function. There are other/better ways of accomplishing
this, but this should give you some ideas anyway. Also, the site is
still in design mode, so disregard the mis-aligned graphics and fake
Google adds. lol
http://www.mustangsofburlington.com/...se_lookup.html

On May 12, 2:55*am, Santa-D wrote:
I'm currently using MS Excel 2003 and MS Access 2003. *I also have the
XLODBC.XLA addin from Excel 2002 if that is of any benefit.

What I am trying to do, if anyone can point me in the right direction
is:

I have a form is MS Excel that is used to do XYZ and I want to insert
a reference number (REF_NO) and it will populate the form using data
from an MS Access database.

The MS Access database has two tables (MAIN & VEHDET) that is
connected by (REF_NO).

The aim of the Excel form is to popluate the data before converting it
into PDF file.

I tried using SQL.REQUEST but I couldn't get it to return any results.

Santa-D

Excel form to update data from MS Access data table based oncriteria in excel sheet

Thanks mate,

I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes.

Google adds. *lolhttp://www.mustangsofburlington.com/excelsiterevisit/function/databas...

On May 12, 2:55*am, Santa-D wrote:

I'm currently using MS Excel 2003 and MS Access 2003. *I also have the
XLODBC.XLA addin from Excel 2002 if that is of any benefit.

What I am trying to do, if anyone can point me in the right direction
is:

I have a form is MS Excel that is used to do XYZ and I want to insert
a reference number (REF_NO) and it will populate the form using data
from an MS Access database.

The MS Access database has two tables (MAIN & VEHDET) that is
connected by (REF_NO).

The aim of the Excel form is to popluate the data before converting it
into PDF file.

I tried using SQL.REQUEST but I couldn't get it to return any results.- Hide quoted text -