-   -   Excel2000: Avoiding loop in Worksheet_Change event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410626-excel2000-avoiding-loop-worksheet_change-event.html)

Arvi Laanemets

Excel2000: Avoiding loop in Worksheet_Change event

Hi

I have a Change Event for a worksheet, where 2 cells on this worksheet are
checked, and some actions are taken, whenever some of them changes. By
certain conditions, one of actions will be changing the entry in one of
checked cells - which will fire the same Change event again, etc.

Is there a way to 'switch the Change Event firing off' temporarily. I mean,
that when the condition for changing this cell value is met, some code row
has to switch executing of further Change events off, after that the change
to cell is made, then further change events are turned on again, and then
rest of code in current Change event is processed.

Gary''s Student

Excel2000: Avoiding loop in Worksheet_Change event

Application.EnableEvents=False
do your logic
Application.EnableEvents=True
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h

Arvi Laanemets

Excel2000: Avoiding loop in Worksheet_Change event

Thanks!

Arvi Laanemets

Christian Treffler

Gary''s Student schrieb:

Application.EnableEvents=False
do your logic
Application.EnableEvents=True

You might also want to include some error handling. Here's a good
introduction on how to do this:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ErrorHandling.htm

The reason: If an error occurs in your logic, the events stay disabled.
Your code for Worksheet_change will not run anymore.

Happened to me all the time recently while developing a small Excel
application.

CU,
Christian