Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro defining dynamic named ranges

At times I need to change the source data used in some formulas.
When this happens I would like to remove the source data sheet, called
RawData, and import a new sheet that contains current data.
I am trying to write a macro that would define named dynamic ranges on
RawData.

Im using this code I copied from some other post:
ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="dAge",
RefersTo:="=OFFSET(RawData!$H$1,0,0,COUNTA(RawData !$H:$H),1)", Visible:=True

This line doesnt leave any trace in the Name list; InsertNamePastePaste
List does not show €śdAge€ť,
nor does a loop with €śDebug.Print crtName.Name, crtName.RefersTo,
crtName.Visible€ť

Even worse, this simpler one doesnt work either
ThisWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="dAge7", RefersTo:="=RawData!$H$1:$H$10",
Visible:=True

When I add the name with InsertNameDefine this works:
=OFFSET(RawData!$H$1,0,0,COUNTA(RawData!$H:$H),1)

I would appreciate any help with this syntax or other suggestions for
updating/defining dynamic ranges in VB.

Thank you.