-   -   Macro to insert repeat comments (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410590-macro-insert-repeat-comments.html)

claraloupot

Macro to insert repeat comments

I need to create macros that will enable me to insert repeat comments boxes
in multiple cells.

There are a number of different comments boxes I'll need, all single words:
Spanish
French
Italian etc

Any advice on how to do this much appreciated, I've never used macros before.

claraloupot

Macro to insert repeat comments

To show you how far I've got so far. I've tried to record manually and have
the following:

Sub French()
'adds French comment
ActiveCell.AddComment Text:="French"
Set cmt = ActiveCell.Comment
With cmt.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font
.Name = "Times New Roman"
.Size = 8
.Bold = False
.ColorIndex = 0
End With
SendKeys "%ie~"
End Sub

But get an error message that says "can't execute code in break mode".

"claraloupot" wrote:

I need to create macros that will enable me to insert repeat comments boxes
in multiple cells.

There are a number of different comments boxes I'll need, all single words:
Spanish
French
Italian etc

Any advice on how to do this much appreciated, I've never used macros before.

JLGWhiz

Macro to insert repeat comments

It worked OK for me. I got a comment dropdown box that has the word French
in it.