-   -   Conditional Formatting driving me nuts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410416-conditional-formatting-driving-me-nuts.html)

Andrew Aitchison

Conditional Formatting driving me nuts

Hi all - I'm using Vista Business SP1 and Office 2007 Professional

I am trying to apply a conditional format that will add a fill to two cells
when their values are not equal. I create the rule with parameters:

Rule: Unique Values
Format: <Some text with the selected fill colour as background
Applies to: =$BU$35,$BZ$35

The rule works after it is created.

I then save the workbook and reopen it. After it is reopened, the rule
parameters have changed to:

Rule: Unique Values
Format: <Some text with the selected fill colour as background
Applies to: =$BZ$35

For the life of me I can't figure out why the 'Applies to' value changes.

The same sheet contains a second Conditional Formatting rule with
parameters:

Rules: Unique Values
Format: <Some text with the selected fill colour as background
Applies to; $BL19,$BL$42

This rule works all the time no problems. The 'Applies to' value holds
through a save, close, and reopen
Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
--