-   -   Excel vba to SharePoint 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410379-excel-vba-sharepoint-2007-a.html)

Björn

Excel vba to SharePoint 2007

Hi,

I have searched a lot on the webb and in groups for some examples on how to
program from Excel 2007 to MOSS 2007 (SharePoint 2007).

There are not much info on this :-(

Anyone knows which libaries (dependencies) I can use, can I use VBA or must
I use .Net? Can I use webservices in any way?

Specifically I need to get a user id which is an internal ID that MOSS gives
to the users. I need this in order to being able to map some document
properties that are "resolving"...

Example:

I cannot only submit the "display name" like John Doe to the MOSS, I need to
know his user ID as well (a number like 10...)

Thanks in advance!!