-   -   Removing confirmation POP from excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410293-removing-confirmation-pop-excel.html)

Singh

Removing confirmation POP from excel

Hi All

In one of my macro i have provided code for deleting a particular sheet.
In between a pop up appears asking for confirmation for delete or cancel the
sheet.
Is there any way we can remove this prompt?

I tried Application.DisplayAlerts = False. this thing is not proper for this.

Thanks in Advance/

Norman Jones[_2_]

Removing confirmation POP from excel

Hi Singh,

The following works for me

'==========
Public Sub aTester()
With Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveSheet.Delete
.DisplayAlerts = False
End With
End Sub
'<<==========

Why do you say:

I tried Application.DisplayAlerts = False. this thing is not proper for
this.

---
Regards.
Norman

"singh" wrote in message
Hi All

In one of my macro i have provided code for deleting a particular sheet.
In between a pop up appears asking for confirmation for delete or cancel
the
sheet.
Is there any way we can remove this prompt?

I tried Application.DisplayAlerts = False. this thing is not proper for
this.

Thanks in Advance/

joel

Removing confirmation POP from excel

You want FALSE, not TRU

"singh" wrote:

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Am using
Activeworksheet.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
I do not need writing the sheet name in the macro.
Still am getting the POP up.

"NateBuckley" wrote:

Hello, I know you said that using the application.DisplayAlerts didn't work
but I tested it and it seems to when deleting a sheet this way.

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Sheets("SheetName").Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

I'm unsure on any other way to do it, so I apologise if this doesn't help
you out.

"singh" wrote:

Hi All

In one of my macro i have provided code for deleting a particular sheet.
In between a pop up appears asking for confirmation for delete or cancel the
sheet.
Is there any way we can remove this prompt?

I tried Application.DisplayAlerts = False. this thing is not proper for this.

Thanks in Advance/

Singh

Removing confirmation POP from excel

Hi Jones

Thanks a bunch
It is working for me too......... Perfect.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Singh,

The following works for me

'==========
Public Sub aTester()
With Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveSheet.Delete
.DisplayAlerts = False
End With
End Sub
'<<==========

Why do you say:

"singh" wrote in message
Hi All

In one of my macro i have provided code for deleting a particular sheet.
In between a pop up appears asking for confirmation for delete or cancel
the
sheet.
Is there any way we can remove this prompt?

I tried Application.DisplayAlerts = False. this thing is not proper for
this.

Thanks in Advance/

Norman Jones[_2_]

Removing confirmation POP from excel

Hi Singh,

It is working for me too......... Perfect.

Actually, there is a potentially significant typo!

The second instance of

.DisplayAlerts = False

should reinstate alerts.

Therefore, replace the code with:

'==========
Public Sub aTester()
With Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveSheet.Delete
.DisplayAlerts = True '<<=======
End With
End Sub

Normally, Excel will automatically reset
the property to true when the code finishes,
but there could be repercussions with cross
processing code.

Apologies for the typo!

---
Regards.