-   -   formula for last cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/410252-formula-last-cell.html)

gwbdirect

formula for last cell

I need a formula that will show the last cell in a range.
1000
2000
3000

want to show 3000 as the result and not the total of everything in the
column!!!

Mike H

formula for last cell

For numeric values try

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)

Change the column to suit

Mike

"gwbdirect" wrote:

I need a formula that will show the last cell in a range.
1000
2000
3000

want to show 3000 as the result and not the total of everything in the
column!!!

Jim Thomlinson

formula for last cell

Check out this link...

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"gwbdirect" wrote:

I need a formula that will show the last cell in a range.
1000
2000
3000

want to show 3000 as the result and not the total of everything in the
column!!!

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1847_]

formula for last cell

This appears to return the contents of the last cell in a specified column
whether that cell holds a number or text...

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<""),A:A)

Rick

"gwbdirect" wrote in message
I need a formula that will show the last cell in a range.
1000
2000
3000

want to show 3000 as the result and not the total of everything in the
column!!!

gwbdirect

formula for last cell

Thanks jim I will check it out.

"gwbdirect" wrote:

I need a formula that will show the last cell in a range.
1000
2000
3000

want to show 3000 as the result and not the total of everything in the
column!!!

gwbdirect

formula for last cell

thanks for your help. I will try this formula.